• 3 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no difference between man or woman in the game of martial arts. What a man is able to do in this game, woman are equally capable to do. The only thing in common should be full concentrations.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
There is no difference between man or woman in the game of martial arts. What a man is able to do in this game, woman are equally capable to do. The only thing in common should be full concentrations.

Right, agree with you :brow:

Each of us has his/her own gift and skills to be developed and used, regardless of the gender :D

[/url]

Smile, Stay Calm, and ATTRACT BLESSINGS=)

Right, agree with you :brow:

Each of us has his/her own gift and skills to be developed and used, regardless of the gender :D

[/url]

Solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

This article, while well written, screams "I was written in the 60's". The truth is that while SOME of these issues still hang around most of the modern women and men will not identify with this kind of thinking. and a few points from the article....

It is this social ideology that, for many years, prohibited women from participating in the martial arts. Until the 1970s women's movement, women could not train legally.

Keiko Fukuda, while not the norm was a Judo instructor that began teaching in 1937 in Japan, so the info you gave is by far not accurate. Their were few women in the martial arts, but it was not illegal by any means. Also, Robert Trias (creater of Shuri ryu) taught ladies self defense in the 40's in the states and had a few female black belts. Again, while its not the norm...it was not illegal in Japan or the states in teh 70's.

These bullying behaviors can even be observed in tournament judges, who will occasionally dismiss female athletes, refuse to allow them to compete against males or continually ignore the woman.

Wow, really! if I ever saw a judge pull that stuff at a tournament I would take my team and leave...and if it was a JKA tournament I would have a few words with the ref. Our organization has a high level Female competitor that was well respected and placed at the worlds. If a local judge had the yam sack to do that to her he would get the boot from the organization faster than you could rip up his Dan certificate.

While Japan may be more tolerant in the dojo, it is still noted that they are more baffled than American men as to why women would wish to train in Karate.

Again, not sure what style you are talking about but the female instructor I mentioned trained in Japan for four years and she saw TONES of females training in the club and giving as good as they got during Kumite.

I think that this whole article is a bit outdated, or I just dont see it. In our club one of my house rules is that once you strap on the belt you check your gender at the door and go as hard as anyone else or pay the price. You take it easy on someone because they are a different sex than you and you spar with me....male or female...and Im of the belief that womens lib gives me the right to beat on men and women alike.

Even monkeys fall from trees

This article, while well written, screams "I was written in the 60's". The truth is that while SOME of these issues still hang around most of the modern women and men will not identify with this kind of thinking. and a few points from the article....

It is this social ideology that, for many years, prohibited women from participating in the martial arts. Until the 1970s women's movement, women could not train legally.

Keiko Fukuda, while not the norm was a Judo instructor that began teaching in 1937 in Japan, so the info you gave is by far not accurate. Their were few women in the martial arts, but it was not illegal by any means. Also, Robert Trias (creater of Shuri ryu) taught ladies self defense in the 40's in the states and had a few female black belts. Again, while its not the norm...it was not illegal in Japan or the states in teh 70's.

These bullying behaviors can even be observed in tournament judges, who will occasionally dismiss female athletes, refuse to allow them to compete against males or continually ignore the woman.

Wow, really! if I ever saw a judge pull that stuff at a tournament I would take my team and leave...and if it was a JKA tournament I would have a few words with the ref. Our organization has a high level Female competitor that was well respected and placed at the worlds. If a local judge had the yam sack to do that to her he would get the boot from the organization faster than you could rip up his Dan certificate.

While Japan may be more tolerant in the dojo, it is still noted that they are more baffled than American men as to why women would wish to train in Karate.

Again, not sure what style you are talking about but the female instructor I mentioned trained in Japan for four years and she saw TONES of females training in the club and giving as good as they got during Kumite.

I think that this whole article is a bit outdated, or I just dont see it. In our club one of my house rules is that once you strap on the belt you check your gender at the door and go as hard as anyone else or pay the price. You take it easy on someone because they are a different sex than you and you spar with me....male or female...and Im of the belief that womens lib gives me the right to beat on men and women alike.

Solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!