• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The awful cough

white owl

I do not know about you guys, but in the area that I from we had a virus going around for a while now. It is a bad cough and does not go away, I have had it now for 3 months. It is a lot better now but I still do not feel 100 0/0 I still accastionly go into a coughing fit but no where near like what it was, I sware it felt like I had asma but I do not, it interfeared with my ma training. I went to the dr. a month in half ago, their was nothing she can really do for it, she said. Gave me some meds. that did nothing but knocked me out which was good because I had not been sleeping real good. I was wondering has any one suffered with it, too and how long and what you did for it? I was very fortunate that knowone else in my household suffer with other than me. :-?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry to hear that. :( Hopefully you finish it off soon.

I have been hearing about a lot of people I know getting sick, but I have been great... until this morning. I think I may be coming down with something. We'll know soon enough.

Patrick

That stuff has been spreading like wildfire here too. I have been fortunate so far not to get it (knock on wood), and I hope that the warm weather coming finally kills it off.

I hope you get well soon.

Its been ridiculous over here. People have died from the common cold. this so called 'flu season' is at its worst. i got the flu shot 5 months ago and i have been sick for a two months, i just shook it about a week and a half ago after three different doses of of antibiotics. i wish you the best of luck with yours, but essentially it comes down to rest, and i know thats difficult because there's not nearly enough time in the day for any of us, but when you can, get your zzz's in. good luck!

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

Yeah, I got a flu shot last year, as well. I feel a little worse today, but not too bad, really.

Thanks for replies you guys. Like I said earlier I'm not 100 0/0 but know where near like I was I say about 75 0/0. As for the flu shot I did not get it this year and I do not think it would do any good every one I new that got it still got the flu and it lasted about as long as mine.

Patrick, I hope you feel better. Just drink plenty of fluid. start now.

Thanks. Still don't feel that bad, today, but have a little something. :) If this is as bad as it gets, I'm good.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got sick the wednesday before my surgery on the following wednesday. i have two days to get better, or they won't operate! i have a knack for getting sick at the worst times possible. :bawling:

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."