• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Worst Injury/injuries you've recieved while trainig

I'm forever jamming my fingers through blocking with an open hand, resulting in me having to tape them up for a week...i will never learn! :roll:

One time we were doing line sparring and the person defending had to block front kick. He blocked my kick but caught the inside of my knee. I don't know how but my vein popped right out and it was agony. The bruise went from the side of my knee right down to the top of my calf. Very strange injury and very painful! :(

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head injury, broken rib, broken thumb. Not bad for 30-yrs of trying!

8)

Are ya tryin' harder, ma'am? :D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

I've broken my little finger, middle toe on one foot 3 times, & gotten 3 stitches under my lip.

Not bad for 25+ years of training. And yes, I kep tryin' :D

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Badly Bruised my foot may have broken it doing around kick on my spouse with no foot protection we were doing free sparring no protection.

Another I twisted my ankle on the matts in our dojo and pulled the tendon in my foot.

Bruised rips from a hook punch I hit the floor for that could not breath very scarrey.

And reinjured my back from previous injury that did not happen in the ma.

• 2 weeks later...

Broken toes

Torn calf muscles

Rotator cuff tendonitis

& ugly callouses

:lol:

Edited by Tiger1962
"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• 1 month later...

Torn rotocuff in my shoulder last year still not healed correctly from traing to close to having it injured the week before.

Cars make you weak

Schaphoid (navicualr) fracture in the wrist. From a wrist lock during sparring. It's a little bone in the wrist without much blood supply. I elected not to have it surgically reparied at the time due to competition and as such, missed the window to have it done effectively. Bummer of a mistake that was. Now I tell all the guys who I train with that fight... it's not worth it, get whatever fixed and compete later.

Ah the wisdom of youth....

Sprained wrist from sai training

Broke both pinkies on hand (damn those open hand blocks :D )

Jammed almost every toe I have.

Hyperextended my knee during kicking drills.

Crushed my L4-L5 disc in my back, had to have it partially removed, was working on a kata in class and twisted and landed wrong. That one hurt the worst.

Oh yeah, got a bloody lip from sparring one of the US Army karate team members when I was in high school, sensei invited them to our school.