• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Heavy bag with supporting stand or hung from rafters?..

osuperu

The reason for the question is that i live in a second story duplex without any visible strong rafters and so i will most likely have to end up getting a heavy bag with stand....

But does the stand really get in the way? I guess if you're going all out and want to move around, but considering im getting back into MA maybe its not a big deal?

Anyone with heavy bag not hung on rafters??? Advice?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cornerman? As in a metal framework that hangs a bag i assume. Well are all stands created equally? Because the rang in prices is huge...

:D .....

in england maybe it would be a large flat on top of another large flat??

a duplex is basically two separate places of residence that are generally one notch above a tiny ghetto college apartement complexes...

but i still dont have any rafters to drill/screw into to hang anything.

i know that at one of my studio locations a heavy bag hangs from the rafters,and personally i hate it. because it makes a great deal of noise and makes all surrounding rooms shake after one slight hit. so regardless, i think a cornerman should be fine.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

I would rather a free bag, so i can move around it.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

I can vouch that a bag hung from rafters will shake the surounding structure quite a bit - unless its a garage I'd go with either the metal bag stand wedged into a corner so it doesn't walk too much, or maybe a free standing bag with a weighted base if you aren't too much of a purist.

"I once thought that life was a mixed bag, now I know it's just a bag of all"

well i was looking at those punching bags with the base of sand/water...but the negative i keep hearing is that the notches where you can raise or lower the 'bag' rub out after awhile and the bag just swings around when you hit it.... your opinions??