what is Tomiki-Ryu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest it looks kinda weird.. they two guys, one with a fake fubber knife and one without.. and you are supposed to counter and get the opponent down with out getting cut/stabbed.. and this is Randori free practice.. just like Kodokan.. that is all I know for now.

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

That is interesting. Different. It does show you what is likely happen when you go to defend againts a knife, though.

yep, nothing is better than the real thing.. :)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Hmm, that is an interesting idea. I guess most of Judo's techniques don't mean much unless you are in contact with the opponent. Aikido does do a lot of techniques that entail incoming strikes.

I was talking to my Aikido instructor and I was talking to him about one of the recent topics of this forum..and I asked him if he could mix any 2 or 3 styles, what would they be.. and he told me Wing chun and Aikido.. he said they would be great together cause of the redirection concept in both of them and wing chuns effective short kicks and trapping.. :)