How scared REALLY are you to fight?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Redman is a very padded suit from Macho that the instructor/attacker wears & attacks the student. Because of the head to wrist & ankle protection, the one defending can hit much harder in more vunerable spots than in regular sparring.

I've never used one, but have always wanted to. Here's Kwon's version of the "Redman." I like it much better. http://www.kwon.com/kwonusa/shop_artikeldetails.asp?kid=494%2C568&agnr=4000100

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

I actually think they're really scary! I mean cmon, if a big guy is wearing it, coming at you non-stop, can't feel most of what you're throwing because of the padding, it would totally stress me out!

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

We have a little older version of that at our dojo - The Blue Maxxx.

It is very hard to fight a large person in that suit. They just keep coming at you and if you arent' giving hard strikes, he just takes over the match. it is a great training tool.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

me? Oh, I'm always ready to fight XD

I am confident in my skills and actually sometimes look for some guy to put me in my place >.>

It's a bad battle..to be fighting within yourself >.>

anyways! yea..me= prepared to fight

sometimes when I'm walking around and get close to people...I get a look at how their standing, how they could come at me with a strike, and how I could possibly block then counterstrike...

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee

In my opinion, that thing looks really stupid.

Yeah, but it serves a good purpose in training.

it does. we did it today, it seems like the roundhouse ( Muay Thai style ) brings him down almost everytime, the guy who wore it today weighed like 200 lbs.. :)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard