• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

GI question

pittbullJudoka

Ah- then I was going to recommend the Mizuno double- I've been very happy with it. Don't know too much about karate gis

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If money was no opition I'd have several gi's of various weights and brands so I could decide what was truely the one I liked the most. But since I scrap by I'll have to do with what I can afford to save up and get.

then definately research the brands i gave you above, im pretty sure atleast 90percent of the do black gis, look at the link i gave you and see which ones have the qualities youre looking for. and if it turns out you cant choose, make a poll and we'll choose for you! thats the great thing about this place! :karate:

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

I'm going to go ahead and ask what brand of gis you guys wear? what weight? What are the pros and cons of you gi?

i wear a heavyweight 'masters' uniform from century. its white with black trim around the lapel and arms, and the bottom. and it truly takes a very long time to break in, like a solid year of wear and tear, its very hard to move it at first, its very hard to keep in place, and the sizing is alittle weird. but as for the positive, i like it as a dress uniform, not for my class and practice uniform. if i was judging, or observing, or teaching in a situation where i wouldnt move alot i'd absolutely wear it. i have a karate depot black middle weight that i like, its perfect its just heavy enough and tough enough, it still irons well, but its not overwhelming like my century one. i've never been a big fan of century because of their screwy sizing and odd shaped uniforms, but i've never wanted to splurge on an expensive gi like you have decided to. but i have heard good things about shureido and tokaido, but i would consider trying on some middleweights, im particularly fond of them.

I'm not going likely expensive but I just think that I trained hard enough to get my shodan that I deserve a good gi. And since I'm allowed to change to a black gi why not. I think a heavy weight is kinda what I'm use with being I wear a judo gi most of the time.

well heres the questions you need to answer for yourself...

weight

size

brand

price range

seems like you are set on heavyweight cuz thats what you like, so now you can go out and peruse brands and the materials you like and the sizes you see fit you the best. i definately wouldnt recommend century though so, go with your gut...and your wallet :lol:

seems like you are set on heavyweight cuz thats what you like, so now you can go out and peruse brands and the materials you like and the sizes you see fit you the best. i definately wouldnt recommend century though so, go with your gut...and your wallet :lol:

Well My gut keeps telling me The Iron Man but the wallet doesn't like the $130 price tag.

Well My gut keeps telling me The Iron Man but the wallet doesn't like the $130 price tag.

yea its just a matter of googling century karate uniforms and you'll find other outside companies that sell them, open a word document, type down their prices and where they came from and compare.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the 14oz ProForce Ultra Heavyweight.... PM me if you are interested I can help you order one if interested.