• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Arm wrestling

Rainbow_Warrior

Today I lost an arm wrestling match in a bar against a friend , who also lift weights . I easily outlift him in every exercise , and Im 20 lbs heavier.

buttttt

HE WON !

How does it work ?

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just simple leverage and strategy probably. once you maeuever the wrist/hand in a certain direction you lose a certain amount of strength. either that or he just pushed first and you lost leverage. i wouldnt be too concerned.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

Go to youtube and look up magnus samuelson former world strongest man he will teach you how to arm wrestle its more forarm strength then biceps as well

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

Some dude told me that we use a different strenght in arm wrestlings , it is not the symmetrical strenght of the barbells... Also he told me that speed and muscular reaction is very important

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

lol, arm wrestling is very interesting , its all about one muscle in your forarm which is nearly impossible to work out. So it doesn't matter how big you are its all abotu that one muscle.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

Go to youtube and look up magnus samuelson former world strongest man he will teach you how to arm wrestle its more forarm strength then biceps as well

This was my impression as well. There is an art to it. It is not something a lot of people really train for...just those who have a knack for it.

Have you ever seen the movie Over the Top with Sylvester Stallone? Good stuff! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Yes over the top was a very good movie.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

This was my impression as well. There is an art to it. It is not something a lot of people really train for...just those who have a knack for it.

Have you ever seen the movie Over the Top with Sylvester Stallone? Good stuff! :D

"It's like a switch when I turn my hat around." :lol:

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Here's what you need:

12" x 1" dow rod

3 feet of thinner rope or parachute cord.

Drill

"D" clip

Olympic size weights

Here's what you do:

Drill a hole in the middle of the dow rod. Feed an end of the rope through the rod and tie it off. Attach the "D" clap to the other end of the rope. Feed the "D" clamp end through the weight and clamp it to itself. You now have a handle with a rope hanging from the middle and a weight at the bottom.

Now hold it as though you are going to do a biceps curl. In stead simply roll your wrists causing the rope to begin wrapping around the dow rod handle. Do this for three to four sets.

This will strengthen all 5 groups of muscles that cause wrist flexion (bending the wrist toward the biceps).

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."