• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What does blackbelt mean?

I am sorry, I didnt answer your question DWX, I told my mom and my cousin ashley to get in the car and lock the doors, I walked away from the car just in case they starting firing and my family get caught in the crossfire. it worked, they followed me right where I wanted them. I told them I drove a seperate car and I would give them everything. but I lied to get them so they would get away from my family. right as I got to "my car" I turned and asked them how we were going to handle it. they walked right in front of the security booth and the security guards saw them, they were too focused on getting my money out of "my car" that they forgot about the security booth.. and as soon as the security guards came out, they ran off.

wow thats some on the spot thinking. Glad things worked out ok.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to learn something is to do it.. I never said anything about re-creating a "real situation. nothing is better than the real thing.. I was a kid in my teens. I fought A LOT... I was stupid and have grown up. but I dont completely regret it cause sometimes to get the butterflies out of your stomach, you just have to do it.. the training can mean nothing if you cant react.

I can relate to this. I wish I would have taken care of things more when I was younger. It would have helped me, for sure. I am not saying that it is a good thing to fight, but when you have to do it, you have to. There is no going half-way.

The way you have described yourself, you kind of remind me of my dad. He has those attributes. My other brothers have them, too. I, on the other hand, have to work at it a little bit more.

My dad told me once when he was an LEO in a small town about an incident like you had a gunpoint. He talked the guy down. It is tough to think that he very well could not be around today because of someone like that.

I model a lot of things about myself after him. I can't be him, but I try, and am still trying. It is a constant body of work. Kudos to you, and how you handled that situation.

Thank You :) My dad is like that too, except he used to say if someone was to ever pick a fight with me, I better not run, either fight or take it. and It kind of made me who I was as a teen all the way till I was 21 when I realized that it was wrong, it was just how I was raised. He did martial arts as a kid and became one big ego. nowadays he tells me to never pick fights or fight in general?? I guess he has grown up too?

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Most systems if they have rankings will have a blackbelt rank. But what does it mean to you? Master of the arts or just another step along the chain?

It seems that at least from the japanese karate perspective that the black belt merely demonstrates one's understanding of the basics of one's style.

The main learning starts after one achieves the black belt level. That is the black belt is regarded as the beginning.

Fighting arts that were not effective for fighting and selfdefense, never lasted long enough in martial arts history, to gain the Traditional Martial Arts - TMA - status.