Quickest to Blackbelt status?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on the school. I have seen many Karate schools that seem to average around 4 years. I have seen some TKD schools that average a bit over 2 years. BJJ schools average around 10 years. Boxing, Wrestling, and Muay Thai do not have rank, so it is not an issue with schools such as those.

I have to tell ya that you shouldn't even worry about becoming a black belt. That comes in time, but really doesn't mean as much as a lot of people think. It's all about how hard you train and what kind of goals you set for yourself. I've seen black belts that are terrible, and I've seen orange and green belts that can kick major tail because they give every training session everything they have and train in there spare time on there own as well. Forget about belts and status, and start thinking about forging your body to do what you want. If all you want is a black belt go online and buy one, if you want to be a martial artist then start at the beginning and train hard in a good school.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

If a blackbelt is easy to attain then you have to question the worth of the rank.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

We are heading down a path that a gazzilion articles have been written about.

Train hard, pratice, and if you really are that concerned about rank, keep looking to the belt just ahead.

I remember when I got my yellow belt...ah..it brings so much memories.

it depends on how hard you work

That's really what it comes down to. Somebody that trains 8 hours a day, 7 days a week is going to progress much faster than someone who does 1 hour, twice a week. But like everyone else says, you shouldn't worry about it. All a blackbelt says is that you know the basics and are ready to begin learning in a martial arts system.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Lets not forget that unless there are minimum time requirements, natural ability does play into it.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

• 2 weeks later...