• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

for those with a busy schedule

How do you keep your endurance and strength up to par?? I used to work out in the mornings before I left for work but my new job doesn't all for that since i have to get up so much earlier. When I'm in class I push myself to get the best possible work out but I feel like I've lost a lot now that I'm not doing extra work outs outside of class now. Does any body have any suggestions?

Tang Soo!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Take an a time inventory of your days. Get a tablet and pen, and for a week, write down exactly what you do during the day, and when you do it. At the end of the week, look it over, and see where the available holes in your schedule are for working out.

You may have to do shorter duration, higher intensity exercise intervals in order to get the work back in that you are used to, escpecially if your time is more restricted. From there, you can adjust your training. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

How do you travel to work? If its not too far, try cycling (I cycle about 11 miles to work and back 3 times a week, plus a long ride at weekends - its good for endurance/ general cardiovascular training, and you can mix in some speed work as well when the roads allow).

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

fit it in. If working out is that important to you, you will find time. It's really that simple. I have a family and I have four jobs - literally - 2 jobs I am at in person and two I perform over the internet. But I still work out at least 5 times per week, 45 mins to an hour each session.

If you have to get up earlier, do it. If you have to eat luch at your desk so you can run to the gym on your lunch break, do it. If you have to join a 24 hour gym, do it. If you have to get equipment in your house or do body weight training, do it.