• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone working 2 jobs?

pegasi

I had been getting a fair amount of overtime at my job, but that has disappeared in the last month or so and will last through the beginning of next year. I had a former employer contact me, they'd been through an ownership change, had changed their business model a great deal, and wanted to see if I was available. We talked, and I explained that I couldn't afford to work for them full time, but I would be willing to work part time. Shocker to me :o ... they need my help so badly they're willing to give me building access to work whatever hours I can, when I can. Talk about in a bind! Oh well, good for me I guess, to be needed so badly. They want me to help overhaul their process so that they can be more productive... I plan on finagleing more money out of them for that too! Consulting fees, I guess one could call it. I guess if I have to work a second job, being that flexible is a big plus. I start the first week of Dec.

Anyone else have interesting second-job stories?

what goes around, comes around

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeh, I once worked as a research assistant during the week between my classes, and as a waitress on weekends... it was the suck but at least they didnt ever interfere with one another.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Perhaps, but a job sort of implies you getting paid to do it...maybe parenting is more like a really, really, demanding hobby?

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps, but a job sort of implies you getting paid to do it...maybe parenting is more like a really, really, demanding hobby?

Hehe, that is an interesting way to portray it. :D It definitely involves a passion. And pacience.

I worked two jobs. It was horrible on my body. I worked in a machine shop (like I do now) with a part time job at a gas station. The first job took it (energy) right out of me, then I worked at night .... eeeekkkk. One job is plenty for me.

Laurie F