• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Juji uke

martialartsresearcher

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The first one that comes to mind is the mae geri (front kick). Since you use both hands for the juji uke, you can even grab and trap the attacking limb, then counter with various kicks or even a sweep if you are in position for it.

BTW, what attack are you blocking with the juji? I guess it would make a difference.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.

I believe it's an overhead "X" block. Typically applied as a rising block with the other hand crossing in order to serve as a trapping mechanism.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Generally we use juji uke has a control with one hand and a strike with the other. This is seen in a fair few kata and the preceding techniques often setup the strike.

Has a blocking technique alone, juji uke doesnt make a great deal of sense, why would you commit both hands to defend against a single technique? Unless you are trapping has ps1 said, even then its quick hard to block a dynamic attack with a X block.

For more info take a look at: http://www.iainabernethy.com/articles/BasicBunkaiPart3.asp

Generally we use juji uke has a control with one hand and a strike with the other. This is seen in a fair few kata and the preceding techniques often setup the strike.

Has a blocking technique alone, juji uke doesnt make a great deal of sense, why would you commit both hands to defend against a single technique? Unless you are trapping has ps1 said, even then its quick hard to block a dynamic attack with a X block.

For more info take a look at: http://www.iainabernethy.com/articles/BasicBunkaiPart3.asp

Abernethy has some very original ideas for this technique. Definitely something to look at.

A Jodan Oi Tzuki, sir.

Not sure if I'm picturing this correctly. I personally would not recommend juji ukes against a jodan oi tzuki. Although it seems very good for a chudan oi tzuki. Please clarify if this defense is something unique to your style. Or are you just experimenting to come up with your own defenses? If you are looking for options, my style usu does some sort of sideways block like a shuto or moroto uke. The resulting position opens up a bigger variety of counters IMO. Hope this helps. Not sure if I'm answering your question.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.