• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I want to know what you think

I just had a thought tonight when I was watching some videos on youtube what is everyone's opinion on Bruce Lee and what have people learned from him?. Forget his acting films are for show and entertainment he wouldnt have really fought like that. I think that there is no argument in the fact that he was a good martial artist but what were his strengths and weaknesses? im just hoping to learn something that could help me improve.

I would like to know what you all really think

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you already mentioned, he was a very skilled individual who had a great amount of charisma and intelligence.

However, his reputation was one of being cocky. I can neither confirm or deny this as I did not know him. His future would have been uncertain. I see one of two options:

1. He would have continued to grow his style to include several of the more modern systems (BJJ and MMA type of things). He did add several wrestling techniques and was an advocate of using what worked for you.

2. By this time he may have believed his style to be complete and, if he remained cocky, would have joined the group of people that don't think the "MMA craze" is valid and argue against it.

I like to think he would have been the type to keep an open mind and would have helped to usher in this newer era of martial arts.

I'm just curious, how does this discussion help you improve?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

ps1 has some good points. I too believe that he was a bit on the brash side, but he was a hard worker, and never settled for second best. I believe that the eventually would have wanted to act in a movie that was not Martial Arts based, and may have wanted to eventually take on an Oscar-worthy role.

I too think he would have been open minded and receptive to this day.

Bruce Lee was a huge inspiration for me, a role-model.

As I got to research more about him, I found out things I didn't want to know, or care about.

I remember I use to turn off the documentaries when they would start talking about his death.

So back then, I saw him only as a fantastic martial artist.

Today I see him as a human being. With faults mistakes and everything. A much more forgiving point of view. Don't get me wrong I still love the guy.

But this more realistic & compassionate view point has helped me grow & improve. :)

Today I see him as a human being. With faults mistakes and everything. A much more forgiving point of view. Don't get me wrong I still love the guy.

But this more realistic & compassionate view point has helped me grow & improve. :)

This is a good point. He did have his flaws, and when everyone mentions Bruce Lee, many people dance around the issues regarding his passing. I think it is important to understand these things as well.

dete,

I notice you're located in Gotham City? Should we call you Batman?

Welcome to the forum by the way. Hope you like it here...

Bruce :D

That's awesome! Batman is my favorite comic character.

I have read a few books on Bruce, and apparently at one point, he was training 40 hours a week!

Now that is something to inspire to.

I am also particurlarly inspired, and somewhat touched when I watch his 'interview', which can be found on YouTube.

A remarkable man no doubt, I don't believe imperfection contributes to lessening a legend.