• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Advanced Patterns

kkennedy219

Hi, everyone,

I'm testing on Saturday, and rumour has it we'll be expected to know advanced pattern of hands and advanced kicking pattern(Shotokan)...even though we have only gone over them in class once in the last 6 months. Can someone fill me in on what I'm missing?:

Advanced Pattern of Hands goes like this:

From horse stance -

Left palm strike, Right palm strike

Left eye gouge, Right eye gouge

Left ridge hand strike, Right ridge hand strike

...and then what comes after that?

Advanced Kicking Pattern goes like this:

From left leg forward stance-

Step up to Left Outside Crescent Kick

Right Inside Crescent

Step up to Right Outside Crescent

Left Inside Crescent

Spinning Hook Kick

Wheel Kick

End with straight legged drop-style kick (I forget the correct name!)

...is this all correct?

Please point out any errors I've listed and help fill in the blanks! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, friends!

Why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not quite sure what you mean, sorry i'm not much help. I don't think we did anything like that. What belt are you grading for?

Do you think you would be able to speak to your sensei to ask him before your grading on saturday, might be wise if your worried about it.

Good luck.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I'm not quite sure what you mean, sorry i'm not much help. I don't think we did anything like that. What belt are you grading for?

Do you think you would be able to speak to your sensei to ask him before your grading on saturday, might be wise if your worried about it.

Good luck.

Thanks anyway. I'm testing for 8th kyu. I know our sensei will go over these things again in tomorrow's class...I was just hoping to have a better grip on them by then so I won't look like a big knucklehead. But as far as I can tell, all the other students are equally confused, since we've hardly spent any time on them in class. Sigh!

Why did I have the bowl, Bart? WHY DID I HAVE THE BOWL???

I would think that spending time on those in class would be a focal point, especially if they are testing material. Maybe you can spend some extra time after the class to memorize them, working with some partners.

Those kinds of things vary from school to school. Bushido is correct, just ask your instructor. That way you don't get confused.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."