• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to Fade Black Heavyweight Gi

ksteryous

Hello everyone, first time poster, and thanks for all the great information.

Over the years I've grown very fond of Black Heavyweight Gis by KI, and of course over the years they've naturally faded to an almost gray color. But it's time to get a new one finally...the problem is, I've gotten to where I really like the faded, gray color.

Does anyone have recommendations on how to start that fading immediately without harming or breaking down the material? I know Ed Parker sells a stonewashed version that has that look already, but I would like to stick with KI as that is what I'm used to.

Regards,

Kenton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hello everyone, first time poster, and thanks for all the great information.

Over the years I've grown very fond of Black Heavyweight Gis by KI, and of course over the years they've naturally faded to an almost gray color. But it's time to get a new one finally...the problem is, I've gotten to where I really like the faded, gray color.

Does anyone have recommendations on how to start that fading immediately without harming or breaking down the material? I know Ed Parker sells a stonewashed version that has that look already, but I would like to stick with KI as that is what I'm used to.

Regards,

Kenton

Train. Wash Gi. Shower yourself. Repeat.

No tricks. The fading comes from the uniform rubbing during the wash cycle.

I notice you are in VA. Which Tang Soo Do School are you with? I'm in Maryland, but visit in Virginia often.

I notice you are in VA. Which Tang Soo Do School are you with? I'm in Maryland, but visit in Virginia often.

Currently, I cannot locate a Tang Soo Do school where I live now...I live in Roanoke, VA. I grew up in Alabama, and studied under Jamie Webster of Webster's Karate where I earned my first degree black belt.

I wish I could find a TSD school here as that is what I enjoy, but I'm currently trying to find the best place to fit in here in Roanoke.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, I cannot locate a Tang Soo Do school where I live now...I live in Roanoke, VA. I grew up in Alabama, and studied under Jamie Webster of Webster's Karate where I earned my first degree black belt.

I wish I could find a TSD school here as that is what I enjoy, but I'm currently trying to find the best place to fit in here in Roanoke.

Good luck. You are far away from everything I know :) VA is a big state!