• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hardest Bone In the Body

Like my Sensei used to say if they are to clsoe to kick or punch, then use knees or elbows, if they are to close for knees and elbows bit and pinch.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ah ... now this thread is making better sense! :???:

Actually I am recovering from several nicely placed elbow strikes/blocks to my hip and inner shin at from sparring last night! Yeouch ... my hip is severely bruised (I am sure the bone is too)... and I can barely lift my leg (it has effected my muscle)

Class should be interesting tonite! :nod:

If one of your class members goes to the ER its your fault now LOL.....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I'm back from class. :grin:

What I mean't by that G95champ is that I would probabaly find kicking very painful (actually moving in general :lol:)... and yes it was! But that is what hot tubs are for!..... ahhhhhh!!!!! much better!!!!!!!

I never retalliate. Every time I get a bruise from a kick or block it is another area for which I need to fine tune my blocking defenses for. I learn from this type of pain.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class" --Choi Hong Hi, founder of TKD

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Tae Kwon Do (ITF)

Cardio/Fitness Kickboxing Instr.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-06-05 22:49 ]

• 2 weeks later...

The hardest bone and the strongest bone could be 2 different things. Glass is very hard but not strong.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

Pizzaboy! You scoundrel! :lol:

The apex of the lower jaw is supposed to be the hardest in the body. However as you get nearer the hinge it loses it considerably and at the hinge itself is relatively weak. This weaker area is usually where jaws are broken!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 2 weeks later...
Pain is the universal sign that something is wrong. Like you said, you just need more fine tuning where pain appears. If you look like it that way you eventually dont view pain as a bad thing but as a sign and NOTHING more. Be surprised what can be done once pain isnt a fear.

Its only funny until someone gets hurt. Then its hilarious.