• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stretching Machines???

I did buy that book and hopefully it will help. I'm quite flexible already but I am just looking out for my students. I want to maximize their progress as much as possible. So if there is anything I can buy or do to help them then I'm for it. Bottom line!!!!

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Isometric stretching doesn't have much use to a martial artist.. Good for a cool down and to build muscle, but other than that, isometric stretching doesn't provide many benefits for fighting

Bottom line, as a student, is I want to be educated by my instructor, not doing stuff without knowing why.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

there is the typical stretching machines which is used to obain the box splits which goes in excess of £200, $300, it consists of two leg containers and a seat in the middle, you positon yourself into the machine, then you use the turning handle which will gradually increase the angle which the leg containers at, going up to 180 degrees, its a ridiculous price where you can by a similar equipment which do the same job for about a tenner

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

:up: Well everyone knows I have that book on my shelf! It's a must and you're going to find it very informative when you do receive it!

Check out the link Bon provided ... there are some snipets of tips from the book there like a test to see how flexible you really are. Since I have read the book I am achieving a full side split.

Our school did have a stretching machine (the old type) but it eventually leaked hydraulic fluid all over the floor ... it served the purpose basically of measuring the increase of your stretch week to week by inches indicator.

My stretching machine cost me $3.25.

It is a pulley and a rope.

Not only can I stretch for kicks in a standing position, (which is how you actually use kicks)

I can stretch through the ENTIRE range of motion for each kick.

Call me practical. :wink:

By the way, did anyone even check the link I provided???

I am curious as to how much of his book is contained in those 20 articles...

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"