marmaduke

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, you could check with your instructor to determine if it would be bad form to buy your own belt.

I could also ask my wife if it's okay for me to sleep with another woman. I didn't actually do it; I just asked, right?

This could be the same thing.

History:

Kobayashi Shorin-ryu, 2019 - 2023: Rokkyu

Shotokan, 2023 - Present: Yonkyu

Judo, 2023: Novice

Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, 2023 - Present: White Belt

In the end, you could check with your instructor to determine if it would be bad form to buy your own belt.

I could also ask my wife if it's okay for me to sleep with another woman. I didn't actually do it; I just asked, right?

This could be the same thing.

I fail to see the resemblance in these subjects. I think asking the instructor if it's ok to buy his own belt would not necessarily spark thoughts of infidelity to his style.

I fail to see the resemblance in these subjects.

Ask your wife that question, and it's going to lead to a conversation that you don't want to have. That's the resemblance (possibly).

Like I said, I have time to watch what the two people ahead of me do; and I'll go with that.

History:

Kobayashi Shorin-ryu, 2019 - 2023: Rokkyu

Shotokan, 2023 - Present: Yonkyu

Judo, 2023: Novice

Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, 2023 - Present: White Belt

• 4 months later...

Agreed I actually went down to the KI warehouse in Inglewood, CA last year and purchased one of them. Very nicely made belt. It's a simple durable belt as well, worth the money.

I did the same thing a few years ago when I was flying out of LA! I just got a plain black belt from KI, but it's been exactly what I needed, especially with a heavier weight gi.

“Studying karate nowadays is like walking in the dark without a lantern.” Chojun Miyagi (attributed)

https://www.lanterndojo.com/

https://karatenobody.blogspot.com/