• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aching muscles and training

andy100

Thanks for the further replies - I've only just checked back in snd seen this topics risen back up!

Well the good news is that even though I've only been averaging one class a week, my muscles have adapted very well and hardly ache at all after training. My general fitness and stamina have definitely improved too.

My major problem(s) now are improving my stretching, as I'm still very 'stiff' with leg and abs stretches. Also, my knees and hips have been hurting whilst training and kicking. Today, after training last night, my right knee is very stiff and hurts. As it's always my knees that ache the most in my body (even waking me up once in a while they hurt so much), I'm wondering whether there's an underlying issue that the kickboxing may help or hinder. I walk a lot (5-6 days a week for about 4 miles a day) and wonder whether the impact is damaging my knees? I should say that I have semi-fallen arches to my feet, which I don't know whethet it'd have an effect?

Cheers,

Andy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
You may want to get your knees checked out, and begin taking glucosimine/chongroident. That may help.

ABSOLUTELY LOL, i think glucosimine saved my knees during all my sports:P I would highly recomend it.

Do not demand what you can not take by force.

Cheers bushido_man and bigscottius. I'm going to speak to my teacher next class and see if there's anything he can suggest to take it easy on my knees during stretching, and when I see my doc next I'll have them checked out. I guess I'm just getting old & creaky - for a 27 year old!!!

hmmm, what are glucosimine pills? I am intrigued! :) Usually I just stick with an ice pack...

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

Well after being relatively ache-free yesterday from my knees and hip pains, I woke up today with it pretty bad.

I really need to see my doc about it properly, but is it 'safe' to mention glucosimine to him as an aid? I'm going to go and search for some online right now anyway!

Cheers,

Andy

The doc should know about it, and may recommend it. You don't have to look on-line for it, either; you can get it at just about any retail supercenter, like Wal Mart, or even at a pharmacy.