• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help with speed in running please!

wingedMonkey

I have heard a lot about heart monitors and never really paid much attention because i never knew what they were for. I just thought they were used so you would know when to stop running before you got a heart attack :P.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HI WINGED MONKEY,

ALL I CAN REALLY SUGGEST IS RUN 3 MILES AT A STEADY PACE EVERY OTHER DAY UNTIL YOU HAVE BUILT UP YOUR STAMINA AND INCREASE YOUR SPEED?

PUT IT THIS WAY I DO NOT CLASS MYSELF AS A RUNNER I AM ONLY 5ft 5" (short legged)NO EXCUSE (lol)!!! BUT I CAN RUN A MILE IN (7 MINUTES 28 SECONDS) :) ,I ONLY STARTED RUNNING THESE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS AND ONLY BACK TO MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING AFTER 16 YEARS BREAK!BUT SINCE THEN IVE LOST 4 STONE IN WEIGHT DURING MY TWENTY TWO MONTH (COMEBACK) AS I SAID I CAN RUN A MILE IN 7MINUTES 28 SECONDS( I AM 49 YEARS OF AGE )SO YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE!SO GOOD LUCK!! :) :karate:

HI WINGED MONKEY,

ALL I CAN REALLY SUGGEST IS RUN 3 MILES AT A STEADY PACE EVERY OTHER DAY UNTIL YOU HAVE BUILT UP YOUR STAMINA AND INCREASE YOUR SPEED?

PUT IT THIS WAY I DO NOT CLASS MYSELF AS A RUNNER I AM ONLY 5ft 5" (short legged)NO EXCUSE (lol)!!! BUT I CAN RUN A MILE IN (7 MINUTES 28 SECONDS) :) ,I ONLY STARTED RUNNING THESE LAST COUPLE OF MONTHS AND ONLY BACK TO MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING AFTER 16 YEARS BREAK!BUT SINCE THEN IVE LOST 4 STONE IN WEIGHT DURING MY TWENTY TWO MONTH (COMEBACK) AS I SAID I CAN RUN A MILE IN 7MINUTES 28 SECONDS( I AM 49 YEARS OF AGE )SO YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE!SO GOOD LUCK!! :) :karate:

Thank you! That actually gives me lots of needed motivation because I am also around 5'5 or 5'6. The weird thing about me is that in the past four years I have lost 95 pounds (yes, 95) I used to weigh 275 in my freshman year in college, I now weigh 180 pounds. Thanks again though because I was starting to have a voice in the back of my head tell me, "hey this isn't possible..." but of course anything is possible if worked hard enough for.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee