• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training in home

JMac32

Clash has some good ideas. Physical condition is important in the Fighting Arts. Even if you can't get some of the equipment he mentioned, the only equipment that you need for push-ups is the floor. Also, a jump rope would only run you about $3. You can also get a kitchen timer to do stuff like that for set timed rounds. In the end, it is all up to your imagination.

Look into these books: Solo Training and Solo Training 2. Find them here: http://www.turtlepress.com/Solo_Training_Set_p/set-slt.htm

• 1 year later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

There are plenty of dvd's and books at the library for self defense and martial arts. Oh, and check out https://www.kerwinbenson.com. He's got a ton of articles about multiple attackers, fitness, weapons and stuff. The internet has thousands (if not millions) of websites dedicated to martial arts.

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

You can train at home, but not very effectively unless you have a teacher to show you what area of training you should focus on. Of course, you can work on fitness and conditioning, but it is difficult to work on specific self-defense strategies and movements unless you have a teacher to show you the way. I have a number of books on karate, and there are lots out there, but they are no substitute for my sensei, who shows me not only the correct way to perform a technique but also how to use it (which is a whole different ball game). Remember, the best self defence is to be aware of yourself and your surroundings and to avoid trouble whenever you can.

Forget about Jason Bourne. Fights in movies look visually impressive, but real self defence situations are nothing like that.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

• 4 weeks later...
is there any possible way that u can train inside ur home. i dont really have anyone to train with. i dont have a punching bag or anything. i have weights. i need to get more flexible by alot. i also want to know some grappling moves, where to hit, and so on and so forth. if any of you have seen the bourne identity, bourne supremecy, and bourne ultimatum u could obviously see how good jason bourne is. i want to be like that, i mean not so amazing but i want to be able to fight multiple opponents at once. i also want to know how to defend myself. again, my parents wont let me get back into martial arts, maybe on my birthday they will, but not at the moment, so i could just use some home drills and stuff that would make me better with this.

its a movie unfortunately no one can be like Jet li in THE ONE< no once can shoot blasts from there hads and fly while doing martial arts fighting, and the most a man can do is probably this but youll have to be at the level of a pro UFC fighter to do this, and a good one at that:

they say that he fought like 12 guys at once, but he was still messed up and went to the hospital. but still i lhtink urijah is still awesome, no homo..

iluvmartialartskajukenbousansoomooyeadokarate

• 1 month later...

i dont care who you are without an instructor you're not goin to learn much believe me i tried! books and videos can only go so far but there will be no one to tell what you're doing wrong! if you're unable to get access to friends to help or instruction then get books from your local book store! and go on youtube and search for vids but remember if its any good you're going to have to pay for it! also watch the UFC or some mixed martial arts events and study the fighters! but like i said you will not good without an instructor!

also dont go by movies! they mislead you! everything in movies is staged and choreographed!

but if you dont mind me asking, how old are you?

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

but for some tips: do lots of pushups they will strengthen your punches, do like 2 or 3 sets of as many push ups u can do! also do a lot of crunches and sit ups! cuz if you dont have strong abs then you're going to get the wind knocked out of you alot when you get hit in the gut! also stretch alot to get flexible, just google search some stretching and even weight lifting techniques! but as far as learning to fight you're going to need a partner! you may be able to learn to hit on your own but another inportant part to fighting is learning to take a hit!

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

that is a predicament, I'm in a bit of the same situation, all I can say is, do the basic excersizes, push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, and stretch, so you'll be in shape, and if you get back into martial arts, the only thing you need to worry about is practiceing the moves, but there isn't much else you could do, hope it helps

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

that is a predicament, I'm in a bit of the same situation, all I can say is, do the basic excersizes, push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, and stretch, so you'll be in shape, and if you get back into martial arts, the only thing you need to worry about is practiceing the moves, but there isn't much else you could do, hope it helps

dont forget squat jumps

iluvmartialartskajukenbousansoomooyeadokarate