• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training in home

JMac32

is there any possible way that u can train inside ur home. i dont really have anyone to train with. i dont have a punching bag or anything. i have weights. i need to get more flexible by alot. i also want to know some grappling moves, where to hit, and so on and so forth. if any of you have seen the bourne identity, bourne supremecy, and bourne ultimatum u could obviously see how good jason bourne is. i want to be like that, i mean not so amazing but i want to be able to fight multiple opponents at once. i also want to know how to defend myself. again, my parents wont let me get back into martial arts, maybe on my birthday they will, but not at the moment, so i could just use some home drills and stuff that would make me better with this.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Movies are just that; movies. Fighting multiple opponents is going to be hard, no matter who you are. The Bourne Identity is choreographed, keep that in mind.

You could do pushups and stretch at home. Learning moves on your own is going to be tough. You could find someone who has some training, and see if you can get some personal training that way.

People like Jason Bourne have years upon years of training and Bushido_man is right, it's just a movie so of course he's going to win against multiple opponents. I would follow Bushido_man's advice, try to find someone who has training and will teach you or you could just start doing push ups, sit ups, run and that will make you more flexible.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

• 2 weeks later...

There are loads of instructional videos, articles, books etc available on the internet. Some you will have to pay for, but most stuff you will find free if you look hard enough and are willing to settle for certain things.

Once you work out exactly what you want to learn, start searching. If you need help finding something there are plenty of people on the forum who im sure would point you in the right direction. But make sure you have searched for yourself first.

Once suggestion i will make for home training is to get yourself a heavy bag asap. There are almost endless things you can do with a heavy bag apart from punching it, that will aid you in training.

The real problem here is that you are trying to learn self-defense/fighting without some one to defend yourself/fight against. Very tricky to do, especially with the involvement of things like timing, distance, etc.

If you really want to get better with on a tight budget, then the first step should probally be just to work on getting your body conditioned and in shape...

Things I've been doing at home while I wait to join Karate that you might look in to.

A set number of push ups everyday

Or knuckle push ups depending on age.

Weight lifting (it doesn't have to be a lot of weight just stick with it)

Thigh Rubs (they really work your abs)

The classic stuff like jumping jax's are good for cardio from what I've experienced so far.

Also if you can get out and do some running or jogging go for it, it's rough on the lungs and legs at first but doing a mile or so as often as you can really helps (at least for me so far).

Also I would suggest buying a speed rope, some hand grips, and some light three/five pound hand weights for practicing punches or to hold while jogging/doing excrises that extra three pounds on your arms really adds up when your spiriting trust me.

If you want to get limber then the best way to do it is to find some a variety of stretches you like and do them often, just don't rush them make sure your holding them out and doing them right and slowly it takes time to get limber though.

ah then you just have to be resourceful, instead of the two or three pound weights for jogging, and punching drills find some that is easy to hold but slightly heavy to offer resistance, maybe some canned food in each hand or a big book something? For a speed rope, its a simple as just finding a long enough piece of rope if you have a storage shed or anywhere that one might be laying around, put some tape on the end so it doesn't tear up your palm and go at it..