• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Look what I made!

Hey guys. I was looking at the century catalog at those belt diplay racks that run anywhere from 40 -100 bucks.

I have always wanted one, but never really wanted to spend the money on it. Well yesterday I had the idea, why not just make one? They aren't that complicated of a thing to build from the looks.

so, I went down to the local home depot.. had a piece of 2'x 2' plywood cut down to 13" x 17". I measured enough room for 11 2" belts with a half an inch space on the top and bottom. The wood cost 3.00 for the small piece.

Then, I went to wallyworld and bought a tiny can of cherry stain for 2.50. I also found a precut piece of wood that resempled a plaque of some sort. It looked ideal to make the head piece out of. it cost me 3.50.

Back at home depot I bought some tiny golden hooks, and 2 links of gold chain, cost about 1.50.

I got home, and sanded down the plywood and header and stained it with a old rag. After it dried.. to hold the belts on, I had also purchased some slightly shiny black string. I used my trusty drill to drill 2 holes on each side of the display for each belt. I then threaded the string through and placed in each belt and tied the belts in at the back.

after I was done securing all my belts, I got on the internet and printed out the flags, and the kicking guy on glossy sticker paper. I carefully cut them out and placed them where i wanted. I painted my named and TKD with gold craft paint, and sealed it off with some clear sealant.

the whole thing cost me less than 15 bucks. and my wife complemented on it saying it looked as good as something i could have bought.

check it out.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c94/azmyth/beltdisplay.jpg

"Fear does not exist in this dojo does it?"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

O.o it looks like something you'd see in a store XD very well done :karate: *thumbs up*

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee

Hello,

We removed a couple of posts from this thread in error. They are below. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks.

Too Cool! It looks better than the ones in the catalogs.
Good job. Lots of satisfaction in making it yourself, and now you have that extra 25-70 bucks you would have spent to use on something else. :D