Shotokan-kez

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is, and my sensei actually got it from the person who tested him. It would be a bit of an insult to not wear it at times.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• 2 months later...

I have a simple plain black belt, and my 'fancy' one that has my name on one side, my style on the other, both in gold, with red stripes

My Shihan also has a red and white belt to signify her teaching rank. I think you get gold stripes on that to show your teaching title (She would have two to show her kyoshi)

“Studying karate nowadays is like walking in the dark without a lantern.” Chojun Miyagi (attributed)

https://www.lanterndojo.com/

https://karatenobody.blogspot.com/

• 2 months later...
I have a simple plain black belt, and my 'fancy' one that has my name on one side, my style on the other, both in gold, with red stripes

My Shihan also has a red and white belt to signify her teaching rank. I think you get gold stripes on that to show your teaching title (She would have two to show her kyoshi)

How the Shogo's are worn on the obi vary from style to style!

1 gold stripe = Renshi

2 gold stripes = Kyoshi

3 gold stripes = Hanshi

These teaching title stripes are usually worn on both ends and by themselves; alone with no kanji and/or no rank indentifiers.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!