• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What's on your black belt?

Shotokan-kez

I think we have had many or similar posts like this before, but i just wanted to tell you all that i have ordered my black belt. I am getting frustrated because i have been waiting nearling 6 weeks, on the other hand i was very fussy and kept calling them to change it. Anyway in the end after changing my mind 3 times i have bought a silk belt, with my name in Japenese on one side, and shikata shotokan in japenese on the other side. :D

So what do you guys have on yours?

Kez :karate:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

left side - our club name (Gilbert Shotokan Karate Accademy)

right side - my name (Gehrig Heath Justice)

this is the way we have doen ours for years. We do let the student pick the color of thread used in the stitching. Most pick red or gold but mine is blue as was a few others.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Oh this is sooooo cool i got my belt and it looks great, i'm really happy i did change it now because i wouldn't have it any other way!

Also i have just got a really good bargain on a new gi, a blitz proffessional competition gi for £14, i'm all new and really happy! hehe

Kez

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

There really is nothing quite like a new gi, is there, Kez?

My black belt has my name on it in English, with Korean below on one side, and the name of our school in English with Korean below on the other side, along with the dan stripes on each side.

Oh this is sooooo cool i got my belt and it looks great, i'm really happy i did change it now because i wouldn't have it any other way!

Also i have just got a really good bargain on a new gi, a blitz proffessional competition gi for £14, i'm all new and really happy! hehe

Kez

A blitz Gi for £ 14.00!!!

Where did you get that from?

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

I'm glad you got your belt Shotokan-kez!!

I have my name on one side (in English)

on the other side - My stripe is actually a scripture 2 Tim 4/7

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith :)

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. They will say you're not good enough, strong enough or talented enough; you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. ………..….

“AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES."

Nike Ad.

Ummm...I think the Tokido tag has managed to survive. It has lots of fraying and nothing else. That's just how we do it. Wear it until it falls off. No markings or writing though.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."