• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't train it so I guess I don't meet your requirements as outlined in the first post but...The JJJ I've seen has used belts. Of course, it never did originally, but it too has in general adopted the belt system as introduced by judo.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

out of curiousity, what is your obsession with advancement? you have several threads asking how long it takes to reach black belt in various grappling styles, can you start learning early on your own, etc. why the rush?

So JJJ must be just like Bjj then, you really have to wait to earn your next belt. Right?

Not to the same extent as BJJ. In JJJ you could easily earn BB in about 5 yrs with regular practice (2 to 3 days/wk).

I've been practicing BJJ for 3 1/2 years now and will be earning my purple in a couple of months. It takes about 8 to 10 years for the average practitioner to earn a black belt.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

There is no rush. It's not like I even study JJJ...just curious about how schools/systems work with various arts. And I never said I wanted to start learning anything early to advance. I'm the kind of person who would pick up a book on any art, read about it and it's techniques, and maybe even try a few of them on my own. But I would never walk around and say that I have trained in that art. I just like to expand my own knowledge as much as possible. I'm not trying toskip years of hard work, training, and dedication to alledgedly claim I've train in this or that. So if I have given you the wrong impression, I apologize.

I didn't think that. Hoped we helped you out a little.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 1 month later...

everyone in my dojo wears a white belt aside form our sensei. he tests, and offers ranked belts, but for somereason it caught on to continue wearing our white belt.

I wore my greenbelt the night i was awarded it, and was very proud, but i felt like i was boasting to continue to wear it, and so my next night, i was back there with my white belt firmly knotted.

We don't need any rank designations in class, we all have trained hard together, and we all know exactly where we stand among our peers skill-wise, but i already told my friend Ching, if he doesn't show up with his blackbelt when he gets certified and returns from japan, i'm going to break his arms. he was our sensei's first student, and he's the one that started the whitebelt continuation, but he's also the heart and soul of our dojo, and i can't wait for him to lead the classes zazen that first sunday morning after he returns.