• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Testing for 3rd Dan rec

This weekend I will be doing the first half of my 3rd dan testing. If I pass, I will be awared the rank of 3rd dan recommended, and then have a 6 month probationary period during which I will have to test for 3rd dan decided.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck!

Can you explain to me why there is the "recommended", and then the "decided" testings? It makes no sense to me to have to test twice. Either you are, or you're not, promoted. Do you have to pay for both tests?

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Good luck!

Can you explain to me why there is the "recommended", and then the "decided" testings? It makes no sense to me to have to test twice. Either you are, or you're not, promoted. Do you have to pay for both tests?

Why there are two at this level, I am not sure. I don't like it that much, either, but oh well. Basically, the recommended is a probationary period, and after you get the decided rank, you also earn instructor certification. As part of the deal, it is required to be doing some teaching in some capacity or other, of which I have plenty of experience. I do have to pay for both tests. The testing is basically physical requirements; forms, one-steps, sparring, board breaking.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu