• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

http://mysite.verizon.net/resptwx6/tests.htm

notice that according to the requirements, you can test for 1st degree black in about 43 months, which is a little less than four years.

Also notice the time increase after that. 1st degree black for one year, 2nd degree for three years, etc.

black belt is just the beginning.

Right. In Bjj, a BB represents mastery, while in Judo it represents a knowledge of the techniques and an ability to use them but not an 'expert' per se (depending on Dan rank). A black belt Judoka is roughly equal to a blue or purple belt in BJJ time and experience wise. Anyhow, I think that this is highlighted more by the way they rank in Japan where I hope to train soon- just white and black (with some places having brown). Depending on how much time you put in on both the mat and class (plus results), a BB can be attainable in 3-4 years.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• 11 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...
http://mysite.verizon.net/resptwx6/tests.htm

notice that according to the requirements, you can test for 1st degree black in about 43 months, which is a little less than four years.

Also notice the time increase after that. 1st degree black for one year, 2nd degree for three years, etc.

black belt is just the beginning.

Right. In Bjj, a BB represents mastery, while in Judo it represents a knowledge of the techniques and an ability to use them but not an 'expert' per se (depending on Dan rank). A black belt Judoka is roughly equal to a blue or purple belt in BJJ time and experience wise. Anyhow, I think that this is highlighted more by the way they rank in Japan where I hope to train soon- just white and black (with some places having brown). Depending on how much time you put in on both the mat and class (plus results), a BB can be attainable in 3-4 years.

no disrespect but, do you have evidence to back this?? IMO, it is the student, not the art.... and also, explain how a BB in judo is not as "good" as a BB in BJJ???

I have seen a brown belt in Judo beat a BJJ fighter ( who was a 2nd degree BB and has competed)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard