• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Episode 2: This week was on Escrima, and the hosts spent their time touring the Phillipines. I loved this episode, and I wish that there was a school where I could learn Escrima. I think the art is awesome, and fighting with the sticks interests me greatly.

The match at the end was fun to watch. I don't recall if either of them took any head shots, though.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, i never realized how locks and the knife fighting looked pretty impressive also.comprehensive the filipino styles were. i thought it was mostly stickwork, but they had a nice bit of hand to hand combat with some pretty nasty joint locks in there, and the knife work looked pretty impressive also. i mean i take arnis but not purely, its kind of mixed into our hapkido curriculum so we focus only on the stick and knife work of arnis.

One of the hosts did make metion as to how the weapon moves translate to empty hand, and I kind of liked that. Very useful, with a weapon, or without.

I saw the one on MT and the one on stick fighting thought both were very well done. Can't wait to see the new show next week.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Same here, saw the Muay Thai and Escrima Eps.

Can't wait for Karate Friday, my only concern is which style of Karate they will study. Karate isn't something you can generalize, same with Kung-Fu.

Karate: Shotokan, Kyokushin, Goju-Ryu, etc.

A New Age Dawns

Same here, saw the Muay Thai and Escrima Eps.

Can't wait for Karate Friday, my only concern is which style of Karate they will study. Karate isn't something you can generalize, same with Kung-Fu.

Karate: Shotokan, Kyokushin, Goju-Ryu, etc.

I agree with you here, and one of the things that the show has done a good job with is searching out various "sub-styles" that are in the same line of the style headlining that week's show. Like for Muay Thai, they also sought out some Krabi Krabong, and some other sub-style as well. For the stick fighting, they looked at a few different of styles there, as well. I think that for the Karate episode, they will look into a few popular styles, and maybe 1 or 2 more obscure styles, and then go from there.

I want to see the big guy get into a match at the end of one of these episodes soon! However, with his background being in wrestling, he may get used more for the grappling stuff.

I bet they go to several schools or styles.

With both shows so far they went and studied differant sub form of each. I don't see why karate or kung fu will be much differant.

But yeah I can't wait either.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."