• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Finger conditioning?

Kante

I have one called "Cotton Hand"

it is basically the same as doing finger push-ups, however, this one you do standing up, and using the tips of the fingertips against a wall as if cupping a small bowl in your hands(a walking push-up against a wall)

after you can hold ur weight with ease. u move on to the advanced form of the exercise.

After holding the position with all of your weight, you imagine the wall being of hot metal, you must use your fingers to not get "burnt" against the metal, without using your shoulders or ur arms to push yourself away, just ur fingers pushing ur body away from the wall and then repeating the process.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Usually I do finger push-ups or jar training. Jar training, not sure if it's the proper term but it's what I call it, doesn't have to be done with a jar :lol . Usually, I use some container, fill it with various things, such as pebbles to different amounts, tightly fasten the lid shut then try to hold the jar there using only my fingers (i.e. palm doesn't touch the jar). I also try to keep my arm as horizontal as possible so they can also get exercize, as well as wrists.

Also, on a punching bag, you can hit it with your fingers, starting with only a bit of force then moving up with more force.

Depends on what you want to do: if you do "jar exercises" I dont recommend you try hitting ur opponent as much as you should try grabbing on to him...

but i see u balance it out with the fingertip push-ups...

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 3 weeks later...

For me the best finger conditioning excerises have been finger push ups and towel chinups. When doing towel chin ups, to develop finger and wrist strength concnetrate on gripping the towe with just your fingers rather than grabbing lots of towel and holding it llike a ball.

https://www.markstraining.com Fighting and Training Methods for Unarmed Martial Artists.