• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I just have a general TSD question for you, Laurie. What forms set do you use in your TSD system?

We do the kicho's (all three), the Pyung Ahn's (5), Bassai (both), ect. We haven't got to forms yet, though (dojang just openned a week ago).

*looks at Doug* :lol: :P :karate:

I see. I think I have a book that has those forms in it. Is the TSD school you are attending affiliated with an organization?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The book that I have is written by Chun Sik Kim, and includes the Kicho forms, Pyong Ahn forms, Pal Che forms, Keemah Hyungs, and then some others that I believe are the Black Belt forms. Do any of those ring a bell? Or is it a different set?

The book that I have is written by Chun Sik Kim, and includes the Kicho forms, Pyong Ahn forms, Pal Che forms, Keemah Hyungs, and then some others that I believe are the Black Belt forms. Do any of those ring a bell? Or is it a different set?

Pyong Ahn = Pinan

Pal Che = Bassai

Kima/Keema = Naihanchi

Jintae = Jindo = Chinto = Gankaku

They'll be the same as Laurie's in origin, maybe not mechanics.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the translations, John. So, do these share a similarity with Shotokan forms, or a different style?

They look almost exactly like the Shotokan forms. Timing and minor mechanic differences will be there, but there will be the same sequences.

Your welcome. But John would be a better person to ask ... (he told me not to call him master ... hehehehe). *bows* Tang Soo!

Since I know little about TSD, both you and John have been very helpful, and I enjoy listening to you both. :)