• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both. My instructor now (TKD) is totally awsome. I plan on training with her once or twice a month for sparring. I have to do point sparring now, but I want to keep up with TKD (WTF rules) sparring as well for open tournies in the future. She also knows a lot about point sparring as well. So I'll get it from both instructors.

Laurie F

• 1 month later...

Thank you sir. I haven't started TSD yet. The date to open the dojang was pushed back to 9/1 :( But I talked to sah bum nim a few times, and he told me to work on my forms. So I have been doing that, and working on basics.

Laurie F

Thank you sir. I haven't started TSD yet. The date to open the dojang was pushed back to 9/1 :( But I talked to sah bum nim a few times, and he told me to work on my forms. So I have been doing that, and working on basics.

In your TSD Hugal (Fugal) Jaseh, are your hips flush with the longitudinal axis of the stance, or do you have a 45ish degree of deflection? What about the front foot? Is the heel raised? Are your heels on the same line, or is your back heel off line with your front heel?

That'll clue me in to your old school a bit...

Well I just now spotted this, so congratulations! I remember you were really bummed when you had to switch.

It's officially after 9/1. Has it cranked up yet?

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

To Doug and Master Luiza, no I haven't started TSD yet :( I haven't trained at all for the past month (work has something to do with it, though). I'm getting bummed. So I can't answer your questions yet, Master Luiza :( The 1st of the month got pushed back to the 9th. I have been working on my forms (TSD) on my own, though. I think I'll go back to TKD for a little while. My TKD instructor knows the forms for TSD (kinda sorta .... Shotokan style, that is. But better than nothing right now, and she is a really good technique geek, like me). Heidi? Are you ready for me to come back?

Laurie F

To Doug and Master Luiza, no I haven't started TSD yet :( I haven't trained at all for the past month (work has something to do with it, though). I'm getting bummed. So I can't answer your questions yet, Master Luiza :( The 1st of the month got pushed back to the 9th. I have been working on my forms (TSD) on my own, though. I think I'll go back to TKD for a little while. My TKD instructor knows the forms for TSD (kinda sorta .... Shotokan style, that is. But better than nothing right now, and she is a really good technique geek, like me). Heidi? Are you ready for me to come back?

Hmmm. I'm not master level (or near it), but I'll take it as a compliment. You can call me John. besides, even if I was 4th dan, I was raised in a school that never used that term... Or any korean beyond counting for that matter....