• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My new little nephew is very sick

Shotokan-kez

Hey guys, they have taken the little man off all his monitors and machines, and no more wires. The doctors are very happy with progress. He is full of smiles and laughter. They are just running some tests on his liver and kidneys because his heart drugs could have effected them. The doctors have said that they cannot repair his heart but he could live a long time with it. So fingers crossed and wishing many happy years for the little guy!

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Kez!

Edit:

Edit: After re-reading my own post, I had to edit. I wasn't saying "Great News!" in response to being unable to fix the heart, but just that he was living and breathing on his own, everything else sounded positive. But at a glance, saying 'Great News' seemed like it could be taken the wrong way.

Good to see some positive news though.

Edited by A_Train

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

Great! PLease keep us posted.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Shotokan-kez, I am sorry to hear the news. It's tough to get a diagnosis like that. I know first hand as my middle son was born with only three heart chambers (his diagnosis was single left ventricle and transposition of the great arteries, aka TGA). After four heart surgeries (two of which were open heart surgeries), he is an active nine year old who loves and participates in baseball and karate. While I am not qualified to give medical advice, my suggestion to you and your family is to talk to more doctors. Reach out. Do your research, seek them out, find the best and most experienced with the little guy's heart defect, and ask them what you can do. We traveled 500 miles to find the best doctor for our son. It was worth it.

I feel for what you and your family are going through. Medical technology has come a long way and new life saving techniques are being done all the time. You need to find the one that will help you the best.

I wish you and your family well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much guys for your well wishes and thoughts. He has been allowed home today and has put on some weight, he was a mere 10pounds when he went into hospital and now he weighs over 12 pounds. The doctors have said thought that he needs to put weight on gradually so to much pressure isn't put on the heart. He still has a tube in his nose for feeding and a line is still in his chest for drawing blood. The doctors have told her we will never know how long he will live but to cherish every single moment. He is so gorgeous and has no idea what is happening, he has a smile for everyone. :)

Thank you for sharing that dano, it gives some hope, i'm glad your little fella is doing well.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk