• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New to teaching

well as far as this goes, my studio and i personally have done this many ways. one way that i particularly like, is letting anyone go whenever they want(obviously formally asking first) but we attatch a punishment to it because we say that everyone should go before class. so after asking them why they did not go before class you say yes but they either have to write a paper about why they had to distrupt the class, their learning time, the instructor or they have to do X-amount of push ups upon returning. and as for the abusive kids, i just say no, cuz i know they're just strolling out to get a break and go to the bubbler. so yes we discourage potty breaks and essentially, if you go before class like you are told, you will have no problem holding it for one hour. this usually eliminates all problems.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...

You've got to remember that you don't know the circomstances behind the bathroom breaks. Some people have to go frequently, and others may have a shy bladder and cannot go before class. I know I have to take bathroom breaks on occasion, for that reason, and I always feel like a fool seeing as I am a black belt and usually the highest rank in the class.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

well we eliminate that right off the bat by this: you go to the bathroom, we make you write the paper, you explain why. so if there is a problem, maybe we'll lighten up. but most of the time you know when somebody has to go, and when they just want to go walk circles around the nautilus center in the gym.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."