• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Strengh Vs Speed

Strength+Technique+Endurance=Power

If you are facing an opponet that's a lot stronger than you, but much slower and you get 5 hits for everyon 1 he gets, You'll most likelye beat him. It's rare cases when someone makes a mistake where the more powerful guy catches him off guard. I'd definatley work on speed versus power, just for the advantage of suprise.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion and I may be wrong but I'll have to go with speed. Reason is, take a bullet, if you throw it at someone it just bounces off and may sting a little, but put speed behind it by fireing it from a gun and it goes into and sometimes through you. The bullet itself doesn't get stronger, it just moves faster, a lot faster.

the reason a bullet thrown at someone doesn't do much damage is because it has little energy.

If you approximate the energy = to kinetic energy then you have

KE = (mV^2)/2 V= velocity m=mass

because the velocity is squared the effect on energy is signifigant. In this case a bullet fired from a gun has enough energy to penetrate the body. In striking, a speedy kick or punch has more energy which can be imparted.

In grappling strength is handy when you don't know the techniques. Most grappling is designed for use of mechanical advantage.

also F=ma not F=mV.

Edited by rb

Energy=.5 x mass x (velocity squared)

Velocity aka speed has a squared factor in this equation, so it is more dominant than mass. ie doubling the speed will quadruple the energy, while doubling the mass will only double the energy.

No ginga, no capoeira

No berimbau, no capoeira

No roda, no capoeira