• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed plus Techinque = Power.

You dont have to be a muscle man to hit hard. You can make up for the lack of muscle by hitting quick and in the right places. Don't get me wrong I love being a big strong guy but Speed IMO is more important.

BTW The problem a lot of us have is to try and build speed by taking away techinque by doing that we loose power.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Grandmaster Choi (not General Choi of TKD fame) weighs a grand total of eight stone, and is a tiny little guy. I've seen him kick a sixteen stone guy holding a five inch thick compressed stone shield through the air and off a stage. The reason is twofold, firstly the sheer speed, and secondly his technique is so near perfect as makes no odds, as the impact connects not only all of his muscle but his entire bodyweight is behind the kick.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I would have to say speed,just look at bruce lee.He weighed only 7 and a half stones,and he could hit really hard.

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

Technique over strength.

You need a combination of speed and strength. You learn to adapt to what you have, either more speed or more strength.

Speed is overated in alot of cases, sure you can hit the guy, but can you put them down.

That's why you will never see a lightweight be able to hang with the heavyweights.

yep..speed = power and strength...im a lil dude but i have nuff speed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!