• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How often do I change my workout routine?

Maddwraph

I try to cut right, many small meals throughout the day, cardio, drink a lot of water. It worked for the most part, now Im just trying to gain.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

im probably gonna be wrestling at 165. I weigh 177 right now, but I started taking creatine, which boosted my weight up. I want to be around 168, and near tournaments drop easy.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

I'm prepared to stick my neck out here and get yelled at a lot. I would advise against using creatine in powdered form. It invariably comes with a shed load of chemicals and can damage your liver. You can obtain natural creatine intake through natural means, and its a lot cheaper! It is an artificial quick fix, if you want health for life then focussing on quality nutrition is preferable.

Secondly, if your wrestling at 165 why bulk up to these levels? It doesn't sound like you are exercising efficiently. You can build a high strength to mass ratio without bulking up, and it is doing this that can give you the edge in weight catagory based sports. I myself wrestle (very different style I imagine, but the principles apply) and find a regime that emphasises strength over mass is ideal for such sports.

Have you ever considered Crossfit, which I mentioned before? It is used by many athletes, martial artists and MMA competitors and is very efficient at building strength without putting on weight and needing a cutting cycle. PM me if you would like more information on this.

It sounds to me like you will be trying to cut too much weight. In the end, you may be trying to cut muscle weight, which will do you no good whatsoever. I would concentrate on getting to your wrestling weight, and work on staying there with proper diet. Wait till you are finished wrestling competitively, and then add the weight.

• 1 month later...

wraph, I dont think you should take creatine. Creatine is going to make you put on alot of weight and its not all good. I think that you should try to vary your workout a little bit more. If you need any help take alot of protien specially. you can get that for cheap and you can take it alot without any negative repercussions. actually there are alot of articles that say "overdosing" on protien can have some benefits.

im G A Y and i love you i W A N K over you EVERY DAY!!!

Depending on your age, health and goals you should change the program up every 6,8 or 12 weeks.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."