• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is ya'lls HONEST opinion about this?

If this has been asked already please forgive me. I have kinda hit a plateau in my flexability and looking for something to help me progress more. When Im not training in class, I train by myself (noone else around that trains). So I was wondering what ya'lls honest opinion about something like this, wether its a good idea to use or not? Thanks

http://www.centuryfitness.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=84096&langId=-1&categoryId=13501&top=y

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i dont think its worth the money. i think stretching by yourself is just as good. if you have a partner to stretch with then thats even better. but i dont think it will make such a drastic difference in your self stretching or stretching with a machine.

our sifu actually focused on these subjects today. I might need some help from other experts. Apparently, there are two types of flexibility. Static and dynamic. The latter should be practiced during intervals, in periods of 24 hrs to let the muscles and ligaments relax to gain strenght.

One very good way to improve your flexibility is with a partner. Stand firmly next to a wall. Have your partner hold your leg up sideways and keep it so that both your legs form a 90 degree figure. After that tighten up your muscles while breathing in heavily, you'll feel your leg becomes heavier. After maybe 15 seconds, relax your leg and let it go. Let your partner pull your leg until you can't go any further and hold it for about 30 seconds or so.

actually, there are plenty of other and im pretty sure someone is about to correct me on those two types of flexibilities.

good luck

"There is no Opponents, because the word "I" does not exist." -Bruce Lee.

The partner stretches are a good idea, but they won't help much when Savedbygrace is solo training.

If you want to buy a stretching machine, then go for it. I like to set in one every now and then, too. What you can do is set in it, crank it up, and then watch TV or read a book for a while. What it will do is force you to hold one position for however long you set there. You can also do resistance against it, by trying to force your legs together while in the machine. That will give you a different action and feeling as well.

Just don't let it become a piece of equipment that will sit around and collect dust. Then, it will be a waist.

well yea, i personally dont think i would actually use the thing. thats y i prefer just stretching by myself. but, if you actually think you'll use it then go ahead. i like what bushido man said about the resistance. your legs will automatically try to close when you self stretch and so you have to concentrate. but with the machine, i agree; go grab a good book and just read, while the machine forces your legs to stay open.

Thank you all for your replies. I havent made my mind up yet. I know there is no "miracle" technique to improve flexibilty, but if I could use something that would give me a better edge, I would use it. On my budget $200 is alot to take a chance on. I'll have to think about it more.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

I have a similar model and it does a lot for my flexibility. I have not used it for a while but did for a few months before a test and it improved my kicking range quite a bit. I used to do solo stretching on the floor too but I would get tired so I could only hold a stretch for about 3 minutes. With my stretcher, I could stretch for 15 to 30 minutes at a time while watching TV or eating dinner. It really adds up since that's a month's worth of stretching in one day. It is pricy but if you have the budget for it, you should see results if you use it correctly and consistently.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.