• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how does the ranking sytem work

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's hard to tell you about that without more information. Different schools tend to have different rank systems. In BJJ the rank system is White, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Black.

In Aiki Jujitsu the system was White,Orange, Yellow, Blue, Green, Purple, Brown, and Black.

Hope that helps

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

In my school, it's white, yellow, orange, green,purple, blue, red, advanced red, beginner brown,brown, advanced brown, and then black. The advanced belts are that color with a black stripe along the entire length of the belt, and then beginner ones have a white stripe through the entire length of the belt.

Seiei Kan

white, yellow, blue, green, purple, brown, brown/1tip, brown/2tips, black...

Judo

White, yellow, orange, green, brown, black

Jiu-Jitsu

White, blue, purple, brown, black

Kajukenbo

white, yellow, orange, purple, blue, green, brown, black

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Ranking systems vary from school to school. However, they all have basically the same concepts; each level is indicative of a certain level of skill. This could be based on types of movements, and criteria for forms, stances, skill sets, etc. Once you have achieved the required knowledge to the ability of the level, the instructors may deem you eligible to test. Once you test, and pass, you move up to the next rank level.

That is, in a nutshell, how the system is supposed to work.

In our tang soo do system...

white

yellow

orange

orange w/green stripe

green

green w/red stripe

green w/another red stripe

red

red w/black stripe

red w/another black stripe

black

then degrees up to nine

K.Chuilli

2nd Dan, Instructor

Kyo Sah Nim

Moo Duk Kwan Tang Soo Do

When I was in TSD, it was white, orange, green, blue (me before I left), brown, purple, red, red with stripe, cho dan bo (dark blue), black.

TKD (the system I'm with anyway .... kind of): is white, orange, yellow, green, purple, blue, brown, red, red with black stripe (me), prob black, then black. Too many for my taste.

Jujitsu: white, green, brown, black (more my style).

Rank means ... well, nothing to me now. I'm there to train. If I test, ok then. If I don't ... let my training speak for me. I really don't care if I test. I just want to train. I have one of the best instructors in the world in my opinion. If she test me, fine. If not, so be it. I'm happy just to train with her.

Laurie F