• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Trouble with Fighting

Ann-Marie

Yep all great advice, i don't really know what else i can add. I had much the same problem, and i still do a little but i passed my dan grade. I was lucky when i took it because there wasn't a lot of people to choose from when my fighting came up and so i won the fight.

Do you actually have to win the fight or just score some points? Ours is aimed at having to score at least a point but sensei knows there are some of us that don't fight very well and he is very accomodating as long as you try your best, i'm sure that will be the case for you.

Best of luck! :)

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The more you train and spar , the best you will get. There is a thing in your body called muscle memory , soon your body will remember what it was like and it will go back to the way it use to be.

Welcome to the forums!

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

...I've won some small stuff as a lower grade but now i'm going in for my Dan grading I'm having trouble assessing the opponent and getting my distance correct, any advice?

Yes, practice and then practice some more. Put the thoughts of dan grade out of your mind until you have satisfied yourself that you can fight to a reasonable standard.

If you cant fight, but get our dan grade anyway, you are cheating yourself. But I think you know that.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com