• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chuck Liddell's Right Hand

Chuck Liddell is know for being a devastating striker in MMA. Found a couple of clips of him punching, after watching them it makes me feel sorry for Tito having to eat all those right hands in the ring :D :

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 1 month later...
I love Chuck Liddell. He's a beast, but his form is a little sloppy.

A little is an understatement, I'm amazed he made it as far as he did. Thank god the UFC is starting to get some good fighters, and not just poster boys like Lidell and Franklin.

I'm amazed he made it as far as he did.

He made it as far as he did because he gets results, not because he adhers to some standard of "form."

The proof of the pudding is in the taste, not the recipe.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

A little is an understatement, I'm amazed he made it as far as he did. Thank god the UFC is starting to get some good fighters, and not just poster boys like Lidell and Franklin.

Sure, if you look in a boxing textbook, you wont see anything chuck liddell does in there. But just because it doesnt "look" good, doesnt mean it bad. He has proven time and time again that what he does works for him.

Yeh, it's really funny and almost frustrating to watch, when we work so hard on technique. But what works for you is best for you, and this obviously works for him.

The physical principals are sound- "like you are swinging a bag of quarters" or something like that, seriously increasing the speed and thus power at the end of that punch. What I can't figure out is how he is getting, what is almost a haymaker, passed professional fighters' defenses.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

his form is very intentional. He teaches seminars on how to throw those same punches. he uses an unorthodox overhand. Not a big deal. When it comes to fighting, results are far more important than form.

Yeh, it's really funny and almost frustrating to watch, when we work so hard on technique. But what works for you is best for you, and this obviously works for him.

The physical principals are sound- "like you are swinging a bag of quarters" or something like that, seriously increasing the speed and thus power at the end of that punch. What I can't figure out is how he is getting, what is almost a haymaker, passed professional fighters' defenses.

a haymaker is a profesional punch. it is an old boxing punch that has now been labeled as some wild swinging streetfighter's punch. the haymaker is a variation of the overhand. there are a few things to think about here:

such punches come from above and/or diagonal - an odd angle

it is a powerful strike - even if blocked, it will cause damage and set up something else.

in a world where people are more accustomed to evading the more efficient straight punches, an overhand can wreak havoc.