• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My kempo school

KNOCKuOUT

So I did some investigating and I found out just exactly what style of kempo my school teaches. It is a blend of Shaolin Kempo and American Kempo. I'm not sure though how I feel about this. I don't know if I should be excited to learn a blend of both, or feel kind of cheated because I'm not learning one true form of kempo. Anybody got any thoughts on this???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
So I did some investigating and I found out just exactly what style of kempo my school teaches. It is a blend of Shaolin Kempo and American Kempo. I'm not sure though how I feel about this. I don't know if I should be excited to learn a blend of both, or feel kind of cheated because I'm not learning one true form of kempo. Anybody got any thoughts on this???

I dont think you should feel good or bad based purely on the names of whats being taught, its the content that is more important.

Yea...that is a very good point. When I think about it too, everything I have learned doesn't seem like a waste of time at all. It is worth learning. Thanks.

I agree. What you should concern yourself with is 1) is it effective, and 2) do you enjoy it. Those are the only things that should concern you, really.

I agree. What you should concern yourself with is 1) is it effective, and 2) do you enjoy it. Those are the only things that should concern you, really.

AMEN!

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International

I agree 100%. Its also important for those just starting out in martial arts to clearly define their goals. Once you know what you want to achieve, its alot easier to work out what type of training will best help you reach these goals.

Yeh, I def. think that the most important thing is what you get out of the class. some of the this style/that style of MA is silly and we forget that the most important thing is what we walk away with at the end of the day.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

• 8 months later...

Well i think its great that your learning a blend , mixing it up is very healthy.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.