• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have studied bjj for a little over a month now and so far we have done all the basic yet tiring drills. Technique wise we have learned breaking the closed guard, rodeo mount from side control, the upa, and the triangle. Does anyone know what I can be expecting to learn next or soon in the future?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A sweep or two, more different guard passes, probably a couple of armbars from the mount, maybe an armbar from the guard, reverse naked choke, cross lapel choke, hip escape from side control to closed guard. If you trained where I do, anyway :)

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

In addition to what gzk mentioned, you'll probably learn omoplata, kimura, and americana. Maybe knee in belly position. Then you'll start working on combining them into combinations that flow together seamlessly.

Good luck in your training.

Welcome to the forums!

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

The white belt curriculum, First you will learn guard passes, Shoulder locks, chokes such as rear naked, guillotine, basic arm bars from mount, side control, escapes, basic sweeps, arm bars from the guard, kimura, hip escapes,top control drills etc.

Just to name some of the basics.

Those "basic and tiring drills" are essential to building a good, solid foundation and you will see that they will prove to be very valuable when you start free rolling.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

Those "basic and tiring drills" are essential to building a good, solid foundation and you will see that they will prove to be very valuable when you start free rolling.

I couldn't agree more! Just try to pick up and read through a BJJ book written by anyone credible. All the Machado books, all the Gracie books ect... they all start with drills for the same reason. Those drills are the foundation for habits that will save your life.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I couldn't agree more! Just try to pick up and read through a BJJ book written by anyone credible. All the Machado books, all the Gracie books ect... they all start with drills for the same reason. Those drills are the foundation for habits that will save your life.

.....Just to add to that, any credible author that I have read also state that they mainly use the basics, as opposed to advanced techniques, and they use them in combinations and setups. They are just really, really good at them.

Very true Bushido.

If you watch Pride, UFC, etc., you notice that almost all submissions with few exceptions are white to blue belt level submissions.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense