• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Honey Diet?

I was reading about the training methods of the ancient Spartans. From what I have read, they went a month eating nothing but honey. Now I can understand that this could really make your pancreas hate you and it could cause insulin levels to topple. Was it a different kind of honey? Maybe because it was unprocessed they could do it. What would be the health benefits and could it be done today?

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far I know honey do have a lot of carbos, vitamins and a bit of proteins.... But you cannot live with milk alone for a long time.

What I have readen is that they eated honey , but added milk and almond , peanuts etc when traveling , cuz those things were energetic and easy to transport....

And they carried honey for other reasons too....For example..it is a good antibiotic and heals the wounds.

´´ The evil may win a round , but not the fight ´´

• 4 weeks later...

Whaaaat!? Nothing but honey? If you stop to think for just a second, I am betting you will come to the same conclusion I have about that article you say you read.

To answer your question, the only health benifits you could get from a pure honey diet today is being admitted to a hospital for such bad malnutrition and being taught the hard way about proper eating.

• 1 year later...

Sorry TheRenegade, but you're wrong. Google honey and you'll find that honey's benefits are numerous and substantial. Honey's even been compared to eating spinach! But, honey also has healing properties that they would use outside as well as inside for medicine. It also boosts the immune system.

Chikara

karate es el amor de mi vida.

Whaaaat!? Nothing but honey? If you stop to think for just a second, I am betting you will come to the same conclusion I have about that article you say you read.

To answer your question, the only health benifits you could get from a pure honey diet today is being admitted to a hospital for such bad malnutrition and being taught the hard way about proper eating.

I agree with you, I think after several days, at the very most, a week, one would start to have the side effects from lack of food & liquids. While honey does have many positive nutritional properties, one could not possibly live healthy on honey alone and nothing else.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

True. Honey alone isn't good. Forgot to add that. ^_^

Chikara

True and if diabetes runs in your family, you need to be extra careful of your intake - - - even of natural sugars that are found in fruits and some vegetables. ;)

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I'd stay away from it, that's for sure.

You can still cut down signifigantly by methods that let you keep a decent level of nutrition. One that dosen't risk all of your processing organs.

Sure! Why not eat Miracle Soup for a month? Pretty much nothing but cabbage, onions, carrots, and celery. :P

Chikara