• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Balance

Xepher

Does anyone know any good exercies or tips for improving balance? I am really trying to improve my balance to be able to do a double kick , like mid then high without putting foot down? Also It would help if I could get an estimate on how long it would take as I really would Like to be able to do this in like two months :) Thanks all , btw I am going for my orange belt test on may 27th on Sunday

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Practice on the wall, holding yourself up. As you get the mechanics down, begin to move your hand away from the wall, only to place it there to spot yourself from time to time. Before you know it, you will be standing away from the wall, and doing it. Then, work up to doing it on the bag, making contact with each kick, and not losing your balance. :)

Do your fist kick slowly and bring your leg back to a cocked position without letting your foot touch the floor. Hold it in that position until you regain your balance, then kick again. Slow is the key, don't kick again until you are in full control of your balance, then preform the kick slowly. The more you do it the faster you'll start to get.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Your leg needs to be strong enough to keep the knee up between the kicks. If you can't control the height of your knee, that will throw you off balance.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

Start off with just standing on one foot with your knee chambered. You can do it watching tv if you like :D Once you can do that, practice doing one kick, retrieving the leg and then doing the same kick without putting the leg down. Eventually progress to doing other kicks as well. If you're falling over when doing high section kicks you may want to work on your flexibility as well.

Good luck for your test!

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius