Any Good Martial Arts Mags Out There???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Blackbelt Magazines, TKD Times and MA Illustrated. I only ever buy the odd copy but these seem to be the only MA mags that I can easily get my hands onto.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I have a few issues of Dragon Times, and I enjoyed them a lot. You say they are the predecessor of Classical Fighting Arts? That sounds great.

Yes, basically the went from a newspaper format to a magazine format.

They are also going to a glossy paper format for the whole magazine wivh ups the cost to 7.95 but still worth it.

BTW Any one with an extra copy of issue 11 CFA?

I moved and missed that issue in the process. Thanks.

Too early in the morning? Get up and train.

Cold and wet outside? Go train.

Tired? Weary of the whole journey and longing just for a moment to stop and rest? Train. ~ Dave Lowry

Why do we fall, sir? So that we may learn how to pick ourselves back up. ~ Alfred Pennyworth

In Australia there are two main MA mags. There is Blitz Martial Art Magazine and Bujutsu ( I think its Inside Martial Art Mag now?) I should probley get a subscription to Blitz, but i just go in a buy it at the newsagencey, but its a great magazine, just like BB mag but more focused on Australia.

Osu

Here is an online thing

http://martialartsmagazine.com/default.htm

and here is one that looks good

http://www.fightingarts.com/

it has a newsletter

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

I have a few issues of Dragon Times, and I enjoyed them a lot. You say they are the predecessor of Classical Fighting Arts? That sounds great.

Yes, basically the went from a newspaper format to a magazine format.

They are also going to a glossy paper format for the whole magazine wivh ups the cost to 7.95 but still worth it.

BTW Any one with an extra copy of issue 11 CFA?

I moved and missed that issue in the process. Thanks.

I picked up a copy of CFL this weekend, and I look forward to reading it. I saw in the back where you can get the back issues of Dragon Times, but was disappointed to find out that the issue with the Historical Appraisal of TKD was sold out.

I occasionally buy black belt magazine and some times martial arts. But there is a particular one that i have my newsagent order for me every month called Traditional karate, its a great mag but i have to order it in because its quite hard to get hold of.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

You could try black belt magazing or kung fu magazine

the best fight is one that doesnt happen

In Australia there are two main MA mags. There is Blitz Martial Art Magazine and Bujutsu ( I think its Inside Martial Art Mag now?) I should probley get a subscription to Blitz, but i just go in a buy it at the newsagencey, but its a great magazine, just like BB mag but more focused on Australia.

....and very GKR friendly too :brow:

Black Belt is very "hit & Miss" in my experience. About every 3rd issue it's worth buying. I'm not at all pleased with TKD Times. I discovered that the way they do a cover story on you is if you come up with $10,000!

I think for begining MA-ists, BB exposes one to a lot of info. Which I think is good.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton