• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Green Tea

Neo Dragon

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

They keep proving and disproving the health benefits of tea. There's no down side to drinking it so feel free to down as much as you want.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Oh man, there are so many "studies" that determine supposed correlation. What most people don't know is that correlation doesn't equal causation.

I don't know about green tea per se, but I do remember a couple of studies about coffee. One said that drinking it was, basically, a sure way to bad health and the other that it was good for one's health. Go figure :(

Ed

Ed

Well there's that many types of green tea... Plain basic tea leaves will be a lot better for you than anything thats had its flavour enhanced by chemicals and what not... My Taiji teacher swears by it, she makes us drink at least one cup every lesson and I've not noticed any adverse effects. It seems to be cleaning out my system more than anything else. :weirdlook:

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

OMG thats so weird im just drinking some that i bought today and this thread appears. Basically although there is no scientific evidence i belive that its good for u because its a plant substance and most of them are good for u so why not tea?

i also only drink plain green tea precisly for the reason that DWx pointed out

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

health benefit or not, I still drink green tea all day anyway when I'm at home, and when I go to restaurants I order green tea if they have it. I'm an addict. Also, I think it helped me grow back my beard a bit faster.

I have never tried it, i'm one of these fussy people that doesn't like trying things if its different. I also say "eewwwww" to someting and my mate says "but you never even tried it" hehe.

Well i think when i go shopping i will buy a box of green tea and give it a whirl.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Perhaps there's not a lot of hard evidence to prove either way, but I personally think tea does have its health benefits. Natural tea, without any weird additives. It's better than drinking soda, innit?

One web site states the following:

"Numerous studies have demonstrated the anti-cancer properties of polyphenols. Some studies indeed suggested that tea's polyphenols may reduce risk of gastric, esophageal and skin cancers if one consumes 4 to 6 cups daily. Other laboratory studies have found that polyphenols help prevent blood clotting and lower cholesterol levels."

Source: http://www.healthcastle.com/tea.shtml

"First you must know yourself. Then you can know others."