• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How did you choose your art?

It was the closest one in my area at the time. Now, since I moved I am a half hour away from it. My sensei is a great teacher and it is a nice school so, I stayed. I also found out, that when you get to black belt they teach you Aikido in black belt classes, so I don't have to cross-train through another school!

Those whose strength is not enough give up half way. You are now limiting yourself.-Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was incredibly interested in Taekwondo since I could remember because of its kicking, so I knew that it was the one for me since I was like 5.

"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting, but if I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."

- Bruce Lee

shop around until I found a instructor that I liked

Phil

Ryu Kyu Christian Karate Federation

"Do not be dependent on others for your improvement. Pay respect to God and Buddha

but do not reley on them." Musashi

I had wanted to study a martial art forever, especially since I was an easy target in school. I finally broke my parents down, and my dad asked me if I wanted to learn a style that used more hands or more feet. I said feet, only because it sounded interesting. I had no idea either way. He signed me up for the Tae Kwon Do class at the local YMCA taught by this intense Korean guy who, it turned out, was a former national Korean free fighting champion. The rest is history. Just tested 5th Dan last year.

There is no martial arts without philosophy.

I've always wanted to learn different styles so Kajukenbo fit my desires since it incorporates various arts and it is open to other styles. I was introduced to Kajukenbo by a coworker.

What works works

I was in college when I decided to take up a martial art. My choices basically amounted to Shotokan Karate or TKD, as I wanted to take a traditional striking art and these were what was offered on campus. I was a bit of a Japanophile, so I tried the Shotokan club first. I fell in love with the art and I really clicked with the people I trained with, so I never looked back.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry