• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how to soften up belts

hey guys, when you get a new belt, it is all hard and stiff. how do you guys soften up your belts? i want to break it in but i dont know how. i just twist it up and basically just mess around with it. it softens it up a little but do you guys have any better methods?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that rolling it instead of folding it can help to soften it.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

yea, im not gonna wash it. i guess ill just keep doing as you said pacificshore. im just gonna work it in like i have been. i just thought someone might know a better way.

Just FYI, the next time you are in the market for a BB, Eosin Panther does make a belt that isn't stiff like other normal manufacturers ;)

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

If you wash it on a cold wash, your less likely to get it shrunk and by doing that, you remove all the excess dye so that it doesn't stain your nice white gi when you sweat.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I've heard that rolling it instead of folding it can help to soften it.

Rolling works well. As does twisting, & folding it. I've found that to be helpful with my new belt, too. The more it gets worn.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

I've always had the best luck with rolling it. It shrinks when I wash it, and it looses some of the stitching when I toss it in the drier. I roll it up and leave it that way all day. The next day I unroll it and roll it in the other direction. After a few day's it's usually just fine. It'll break down with use as well.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1